Table of contents
- Collection and processing of personal data
- How personal data are collected
- Types of personal data
- Sharing and transfer of personal data
- Data retention
- Security of data processing
- Rights of data subjects
Throughout this Document, the following terms shall, unless the context otherwise requires, have the meanings specified below:
Personal data - any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to his or her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Processing - any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Restriction of processing - the marking of stored personal data in order to limit the further processing thereof.
Profiling - means any form of automatic processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to an individual, in particular to analyse or predict aspects of the individual's work performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
Website - the online shop hosted at the web address www.melonicare. com, through which the User has access to information on the services and products offered/insured by the Seller;
Controller - Meloni, the entity that determines the purposes and means of processing of personal data, where the purposes and means of processing are determined in accordance with applicable legal provisions, as the owner of the Website;
Consent of the data subject - any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous expression of will offered by the data subject by which he or she accepts, by a statement or by an unambiguous action, that personal data relating to him or her may be processed.
Cookies - are small text files stored on your device (computer, tablet or mobile) when you are browsing the Internet, including the Website.
Retargeting - is the marketing activity whereby ads displayed to customers are customized to their interests, the web pages they visit, helping to improve their online experience.
2. Collection and processing of personal data
2.1. Meloni processes personal data under:
- applicable legal provisions concerning the carrying out of business;
- legal provisions on employment relationships;
- legal provisions concerning contractual relations (collaborators, partners, suppliers, providers, etc.);
- legal provisions on public safety and security;
- free, informed and express consent;
- the legitimate interest deriving from the nature of the object of activity.
2.2. For each specific processing of personal data collected from you, we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is required by regulation or is necessary to conclude a contract, whether you are obliged to provide us personal data and what the possible consequences are if you refuse.
2.3 Meloni will process personal data until the end of the legal retention period or the declared retention period, as the case may be, or until the time when the erasure thereof requested, in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
3. How personal data are collected
3.1. We may collect or receive personal data from you in the sales process, by browsing the website, social communication platforms, forms, applications, devices used, in marketing and advertising actions, for the stated purposes and within the legal and legitimate grounds applicable to the activity carried out.
3.2. Collection and receipt of personal data may be carried out as follows:
3.2.1. Directly from you in the following main situations:
- the process of purchasing products and services, both in the Meloni showroom and via the Website;
- Website browsing;
- using contact forms (contact email addresses), contacting and/or making requests depending on the channel chosen for contact;
- participating in organised competitions/campaigns/loyalty programmes;
3.2.2 By using cookies to understand how to interact with our Website.
3.2.3 By using personal data provided by you on social media platforms.
3.2.4. For marketing activities carried out by Meloni to inform you about product and service offers that may be of interest to you.
4. Types of personal data
4.1 Meloni treats all personal information and data confidentially. Depending on how you interact with us, the following personal data will be processed:
4.1.1. The process of sale-purchase, ordering and provision of sales-related services
22.214.171.124. By initiating the purchase process in Meloni's showroom, according to the legal provisions it is required to provide certain personal data, consisting of:
- last name and first name;
- phone number;
- email address.
126.96.36.199. When purchasing products via the Website, data such as:
- last name and first name;
- phone number;
- email address;
- online identifier.
Please note that in the case of order transmission via the Website, depending on the customer's choice, payment can be made online by card (personal card or card of the purchasing company), in full security. For this purpose, our card partners will process the following information: card number, card expiry date, CVV code and billing information (address). For more information on how to pay, please see our Terms and Conditions.
In the case you request services related to the sale-purchase process, such as transport services, personal data necessary for the provision of these services shall be processed. Personal data processed in this situation consist of:
- last name and first name;
- the indicated delivery address;
- any other information deemed relevant by the Buyer.
4.1.2 Marketing and advertising - sending generic communications (e.g. newsletter), competitions, campaigns, loyalty programmes. Personal data processed in case of sending information about our offer - Newsletter:
- email address;
- last name and first name.
By subscribing to the Newsletter, you give us the right to process your personal data in order to send you personalised information about our products and services. At any time, you can enforce your right to object/restrict processing by unsubscribing from the Newsletter.
All materials, as well as all advertising, marketing and other such activities, are based on Meloni's legitimate interest in understanding our customers' needs and expectations regarding our products and services. The data processed consists mainly of the following: email address, first and last name, phone number.
In case of participation in contests/campaigns/loyalty programs organized by Meloni, personal data collected by filling in the participation documents (forms) will be processed in accordance with the established procedure. The collection of personal data other than those indicated will be based on the obligation to comply with applicable legal provisions.
- Ensuring better functioning of the Website;
- Correct display of content;
- Creating and retaining your login data, customising the interface, ensuring the security of the Website against fraud or misuse;
- Creating statistics in order to know users' reactions to the products/services/campaigns/actions;
- Carrying out advertising actions to send you advertisements within the online environment for products or services that are of interest to you;
- Conducting online behavioural advertising actions on the distribution of information/advertising in the online environment which may result in the display thereof on social media/other online platforms.
Meloni intends to ensure communication that meets the legitimate interest in communicating offers on our products and services. In this regard, it is possible that in the event that you have visited our website we may also present relevant offers to you in other digital media.
4.1.4. Online marketing - targeting and retargeting tools
- Meloni uses online marketing activity to enhance your experience on the Website and to tailor the content of our pages as accurately as possible to your interests. Cookies, tracking pixels and social media modules (Social Plugins) are used in this activity. These modules track your browsing interests and social interactions on the internet, exclusively in order to be able to continuously improve our offer in relation to your interests.
- With the help of micro-targeting (targeting and retargeting), customized advertisements can appear while browsing different web pages, as redirection suggestions to pages already visited on our website. Meloni processes your personal data exclusively for the purpose stated above, namely to dapt advertisements, offers and services to your interests. Personal data used for micro-targeting are the following: e-mail address, data about the device used, data about browsing habits.
- Meloni may transmit this data to third parties that help carrying out the marketing activity described for our company. However, Meloni makes every effort to ensure that all entities we work with process your personal data in a safe and secure manner.
4.1.5 Use of Social Platforms: the personal data we have access to in the situation of interaction via social platforms is mainly generated by you. The use of social platforms by Meloni is carried out in order to ensure communication, promotion and advertising of the products and services made available. Personal data to which we have access:
- last name and first name;
- email address;
- photo published as a profile picture;
- online identifier;
- description or personal preferences;
- the data you use to log in to social media sites;
- other information you have shared with us about yourself (for example, through the "My Account" page), by contacting us or by providing own content, such as photos or reviews.
4.1.6. Use of contact channels: if you wish to contact us, personal data are processed, which you agree to disclose, such as:
- last name and first name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- any other information/details you provide through the use of communication/contact channels.
For more information on the processing of personal data in the recruitment and selection process and on the personal data required in the event of the conclusion of a contractual employment relationship, as provided for by law, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
5. Sharing and transferring personal data
5.1 Meloni has a firm policy regarding the processing of personal data and will take all necessary measures to ensure that no personal data is traded for marketing purposes.
5.2. The sharing of your personal data to third parties may be performed mainly for the following purposes (the list is not exhaustive):
- Preventing possible fraud;
- Securing trading actions, payment processing;
- Meeting specific objectives in line with Meloni's legitimate interest;
- Carrying out activities related to IT services (maintenance and support), advertising and communication, digital services, etc;
- Express consent;
- Compliance with the obligations imposed by the legal provisions in force;
- Compliance with the provisions and requirements for inspections and controls carried out by public authorities, institutions and/or other competent entities.
5.3. The process of sharing and transferring personal data is based on the principle of minimal use of personal data and on making a sustained effort to ensure that all the entities we work with comply with data security and safety requirements.
5.4 Transfer of personal data abroad: Meloni assures you that any transfer of data, if necessary, will be done in strict compliance with the relevant legislation, namely with all legal requirements provided by Regulation 2016/679. In the context of the operations described above, your personal data may be transferred to countries in the European Union ("EU"), the European Economic Area ("EEA"), but also to the United States of America and Canada in the case of the use of analysis tools such as GOOGLE and/or other third party entities (Shopify Inc., Amazon Web Services, Mailjet SAS, Klaviyo Inc.). In the case of data transfers outside the EEA, we will use standard contractual clauses and Privacy Shield as safeguards for countries that lack an adequacy decision from the European Commission.
6. Data retention
6.1 Meloni undertakes to comply with all legal provisions regarding the retention and erasure of personal data. The company shall take all necessary measures to ensure that personal data will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was processed.
6.2. The general retention period is 15 years.
6.3. In addition to the above, it should be specified that we will keep documents containing personal data for a longer period under the following conditions:
- if required by law;
- whether the documents are necessary for any current or future legal proceedings;
- to establish, enforce or defend our rights before the courts and beyond.
7. Data processing security
7.1.Meloni undertakes to constantly evaluate and update the security measures in place in order to ensure that they are adequate to protect the rights and freedoms of individuals. To this end, Meloni implements the latest technical solutions to maintain security at an appropriate level.
7.2. Meloni also conducts regular training sessions with staff operating activities that are likely to interact in any way with Personal Data.
8. Rights of data subjects
8.1. Please note that, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 2016/679, as a data subject you have the following rights at any time:
8.1.2. Right of access to personal data processed: you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are processed by Meloni and, if so, to request information about the personal data we hold about you. The provision of the requested information will in principle be free of charge. In the event that you request copies of information already provided and/or in the event of repeated requests, Meloni is entitled to charge a reasonable fee to be communicated in advance. Meloni has the right to refuse to respond in the event of excessive, repeated, unfounded requests.
8.1.3. The right to request rectification or completion of personal data aims at correcting, without undue delay, personal data that are inaccurate, not current or incorrect. The rectification will be communicated to each recipient to whom the data was transmitted, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts. If you have an account on the Website. you can update the personal data in your account.
8.1.4. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data in the following situations:
- you consider that the personal data processed are inaccurate, for a period allowing Meloni to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want the erasure of the personal data processed, but the restriction of the use of these data;
- in case Meloni no longer needs your personal data for the defined purposes, but the data are necessary to defend your rights in court.
- if you object to the processing on the basis of legitimate interest within Meloni, Meloni will restrict any processing of this data until the legitimate interest is confirmed.
8.1.5. The right to request the erasure of personal data processed concerning you without undue delay if one of the following grounds applies:
- personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
- as data subject, you withdraw your consent on the basis of which the processing is taking place and there is no other legal basis for further processing;
- you enforce your right to object and the controller has no prevailing legitimate grounds to continue the processing.
8.1.6 You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Meloni at any time, except in the following situations:
- you have an unresolved Customer Service request
- you have an open order that has not been shipped or was only partially shipped
- you have an unpaid debt to Meloni
- if you suspect or have misused our services in the last four years
- if you have made a purchase, we will retain your personal data in connection with your transaction in accordance with accounting legislation.
8.1.7 The right to withdraw your consent to processing at any time, where the processing is based on consent, without however affecting the lawfulness of the processing activities carried out up to that point.
8.1.8 The right to object to processing based on legitimate interest: where processing is based on a legitimate interest, and the right to object at any time to processing for direct marketing purposes, including profiling. When you want, you can opt-out of direct marketing by the following means: following instructions in each marketing email and/or changing your Meloni account settings. Meloni will not continue to process personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate reason for processing that overrides your interests and rights or based on legal proceedings.
8.1.9 By processing your personal data, our company and our affiliates carry out profiling and segmentation activities for commercial purposes within the meaning of Regulation 2016/679/EU. All personal data processed by our company are lawfully held and the processing is carried out in a transparent manner that allows the data subject to enforce his/her legally guaranteed rights.
8.1.10. The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning the data subject or similarly affects the data subject in a substantial way.
8.1.11. The right to data portability is the right to obtain the transfer of a copy of your data to yourself or to another address, personal data that you have provided to Meloni in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, and the right to transfer that data to another controller, if technically feasible and reasonable. The right to data portability applies where the processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract and is carried out by automated means.
8.1.12. The right to lodge a complaint with the National Supervisory Authority for the Processing of Personal Data. You can contact the National Supervisory Authority for the Processing of Personal Data at the following address: Bucuresti, sector 1, B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru 28-30, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone number: +40.318.059.211.
Name of the Company (Controller): MELONI BEAUTY SRL
Address: Prelungirea Ghencea, 65, Bragadiru, Ilfov
Upon receipt of the request, our company will respond within 30 days. If there are reasonable suspicions about the person who sent the request, we may take steps to clarify and confirm that the request was sent by the person concerned.